Working from home can be the inexpensive way to start a business before hitting the big time. With BusinessWings Work from Home channel you’ll find everything you need to know about setting up and starting a home based business, including tips and advice to help keep start-up costs to a minimum as well as how to keep your sanity when you’re starting a business on your own.
Serial entrepreneur Jo Dodds gives advice to aspiring work-from-home entrepreneurs.
Looking for some extra income? Find about about opportunities to work online.
Here are a few fairly effortless money-making ideas you could consider.
Perceptions that it's hard to motivate oneself when based at home are largely unfair, a study suggests.
Reiki practitioner Amber on how she came to decide that working from home was the wisest option.
Jerry Ranger discusses how and why he focused on selling portable charges through the internet.
An IT services business has noticed an increase in the uptake of virtual office solutions.
Other Work from Home Articles
- Social media in business (ideal for home working)
- Five ways in which social media can boost traffic to your website.
- Working from home tips: beating isolation
- Six ways to keep loneliness at bay when you work from home.
- Business cost cutting: virtual office
- Start-ups can cut costs considerably through cloud computing, virtual PAs and receptionists.
- Work for texperts, kill the pub quiz
- Working from home needn’t necessarily involve stuffing envelopes, telesales or telemarketing.
- Work from home: stuffing envelopes scams
- BusinessWings investigates a widespread scam.
- A guide to business insurance
- Overview of key small-business insurances, such as public liability and professional indemnity.
- A book to read when... you need a laugh
- Joseph Heller's anti-war classic Catch-22 made it into the dictionary.
- Practising what you preach
- A salesperson should truly believe in the product they sell.
- Reduce carbon emissions - and costs
- Start-ups can cut down on IT costs and their electricity bill.
- Yoga and pilates
- Created thousands of years apart, yoga and pilates nevertheless share similarities.
- Big business question: In the Kindle age what is the bookshop's future? Video
- Four tips for avoiding 'high street armageddon’
- The Bribery Act: 18 months on
- Budget 2013: CGT relief & pub joy
- Autumn Statement a letdown
- London 2012: marketing tips
- M&A slowdown & other Olympic news
- London 2012: the impact on business