- Home >
Starting a Business
With BusinessWings Starting a Business channel find out how to start a small business by reading articles and guides on all elements of the startup process – from starting a new business, to how to raise finance and how to write a business plan, to choosing a name for your business and forming a company, BusinessWings has helpful hints, tips and guides to get you started. So if you’re thinking of starting a business, or you’re in the early stages of establishing a business start-up, you’ll find plenty of valuable businesses help from business experts and entrepreneurs.
Tips on formulating a business plan and perfecting your 'elevator pitch', among others.
While potentially lucrative, there are many cultural, legal and economic considerations.
The advantages and challenges of being an entrepreneur in the modern-world.
How Much Funding Will I Need? How Can I Raise the Money? What Taxes Will I Pay? And more!
Collectively known as invoice finance, these finance tools can generate cash from your cash ledger.
Private equity chief Adrian Kirby pinpoints poor management, under-investment and expanding too quickly.
When Katie needed staff to create custom-made knitwear, who better to employ then grandmothers, she thought.
Other Starting a Business Articles
- Is owning a hotel a profitable business?
- The line between providing a great service at unbeatable rates is thinning profit margins.
- The F Word: part two
- How to choose the right type of finance for the business.
- 5 Essential Components to the Perfect Office Space
- Furniture and organizations systems, among others...
- Setting up your limited company
- A guide to forming a limited company for small businesses
- Kickstart your business today
- Sure-fire ways to get your business noticed, by Laura Hindley.
- The future of the finance department
- Increasing automation and the end of paper-based reporting processes being just two.
- Avoid the red: en route for business success
- How to deal with cash flow challenges.
- Advantages of using a limited company
- Including tax-related benefits such as tax-deductible travel costs and working from home benefits.
- A-Z of start-ups: J, K, L & M
- Top small-business accountant Norman Younger discusses key staff members, learning and motivation
- The Bank of Dave against Goliath
- Diminutive Dave wanted to set up a “tiny bank” but had to negotiate the bulwarks of private-school privilege and red tape.
- Big business question: In the Kindle age what is the bookshop's future? Video
- Four tips for avoiding 'high street armageddon’
- The Bribery Act: 18 months on
- Budget 2013: CGT relief & pub joy
- Autumn Statement a letdown
- London 2012: marketing tips
- M&A slowdown & other Olympic news
- London 2012: the impact on business