Find out about how social entrepreneur’s motivations and often their route to business success differ from other entrepreneurs. Social problems and creating innovation solutions to society’s ills are often more important than getting rich quick.
Adding eco-value to your profits, launching green PR initiatives and cutting waste and therefore costs.
Innovative and determined, Pascal beat bankruptcy and started an online raffle.
He started a tennis academy aged 16 and, after a chastening experience, soared to great heights in telecoms.
Tips on how to find investors for non-profit enterprises.
Nigel Botterill makes history and tweets his entire book in a 45-day Twitterthon.
Keith Wyatt tells us all about working in a social enterprise, while Andrea Simpson talks about being a 2010 Startup Awards finalist.
How the rise of CSR has posed new questions for executives.
Other Social Entrepreneurs Articles
- €7.4m fund for social entrepreneurs
- The Arthur Guinness Fund and Ashoka will nominate 30 applicants to fund and support.
- Guinness Bring it to Life Awards Video
- Closing date for applications is 23 July for this award for young social entrepreneurs.
- Ethical Fashion Network Launch: Brighton, September
- EcoChic Collection invites ethical fashion entrepreneurs to their first networking event.
- First steps into a bigger society
- The first instalment of the Entrepreneur’s Blog from co-founder of online media group Dynamis.
- Parents encouraged to set up 'free schools'
- The Con-Lib coalition has unveiled radical plans to devolve power from local authorities.
- Starting a tradesman directory Podcast
- Kevin Byrne on how he came up with the answer to the UK's rogue trader problem.
- Incentivise social enterprise more, says marketer
- Diana Verde Nieto of Clownfish Marketing says the next Government should encourange green businesses and ethical businesses more.
- Labour pitches to social entrepreneurs
- More social enterprise hubs and extra funding have been promised by the government if re-elected.
- SMEs driven by social concerns
- The number of social enterprises have been grossly underestimated, according to a new report.
- The home-based business Video
- Serial entrepreneur Jo Dodds gives advice to aspiring work-from-home entrepreneurs.
- Big business question: In the Kindle age what is the bookshop's future? Video
- Four tips for avoiding 'high street armageddon’
- The Bribery Act: 18 months on
- Budget 2013: CGT relief & pub joy
- Autumn Statement a letdown
- London 2012: marketing tips
- M&A slowdown & other Olympic news
- London 2012: the impact on business